The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship is for students of the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies by distance learning who wish to begin their studies in October.
This fee-waiver award celebrates the career of the refugee law expert, Professor Goodwin-Gill, a close friend and supporter of the Refugee Law Initiative at the School of Advanced Study.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship covers the whole course fee worth £8,220
The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Scholarship may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships.
As part of the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Scholarship, the University may ask you to participate in marketing related activities and/or events to promote and share your experiences of the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration studies. Examples of typical activities and/or events may include participating in an interview, providing a profile for the University website or prospectus or attending an open day or induction event.
To be eligible for Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarships, applicants must:
- hold an offer to study the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies for the October intake
- cannot accept this offer without financial support
- be able to demonstrate outstanding academic merit or potential (particularly by your achievements)
Applications are welcomed especially from candidates based in low / middle-income countries.
This is a separate application process to the MA programme.
- Download and complete the application form [Word]
- Submit with your CV to RLI@sas.ac.uk by 24 August 2020.
We will need to know about your relevant past achievements, professional positions held, and your financial situation. You must also provide a personal statement.
All applications will be reviewed against the award criteria (though we cannot provide individual feedback).
If you apply for the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarships, please await the outcome before you complete registration for the MA programme.