Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for a special scholarship program at the Kochi University of Technology in Japan. The grant allows students to pursue post-doctoral studies in any of the subjects taught at the Kochi University of Technology. The scholarship deadline has passed, and it will expire on September 17, 2021.
Special Scholarship Program at the Kochi University of Technology Japan is available to undertake Post Doctorate level programs at the Kochi University of Technology.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee, and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work.*You must pay some amount of taxes from this salary.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
- To have permission from the leader of the applicant’s preferred SSP project to apply for that project
- To hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment, in principle
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge, and research skill to work on the research project
- To have high English proficiency
- Choose one research project from the SSP Research Project List
- Send a completed Online Pre-Application Request to the leader of your preferred project via the KUT Online Pre-Application Request Form and obtain the leader’s permission to apply for that SSP project. Only one pre-application request should be sent to the leader of a project during a given enrollment period. Please note that a project leader may not contact you in the case where your pre-application request is rejected.
- When you obtain the permission of the project leader, complete all required documents and submit them to KUT by post. The documents must reach KUT by the deadline.