Applications are invited for Fully Funded Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships for Post-graduate study at Australia.
The scholarship supports individuals who are undertaking post-graduate study that will ultimately make a difference to Australia in one of three areas;
- Technology and innovation
- Fostering Australian-Asian ties
- Enabling positive social change
As well as your studies, the scholarship provides a nine-month Leadership Development Program which will build on your personal strengths and give you the insights, learning and inspiration you need to make your mark on the world.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are among the most powerful development scholarships in Australia. As well as investing up to $120,000 over 2-3 years into your postgraduate studies, the Scholarship will also shape your leadership skills far and above your expectations.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships have partnered with eight leading Australian universities to deliver the Future Leaders Scholarship. Scholarship recipients must undertake their postgraduate studies at one of the following eight universities, in a field of world-class standing:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- University of Tasmania
To be eligible for Fully Funded Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible).
- Have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1 September 2016, OR will complete by 31 December 2021.
- Have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75 WAM).
- Have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at one of our nine participating universities.
- Have chosen a field of study which, for PhD and Masters by research applicants has an ERA four digit FOR rating of “well above world standard” in the ERA 2018 exercise and for Masters by coursework applicants, must be in area of world-class standing.
- Commence study in 2022 (Jan – Dec 2022), not before.
- Your proposed program of study: Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Trust’s focus areas
- Include international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
- Funding requests for the purpose of medical research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be considered; MD, juris doctor programs or equivalent are also excluded.
- Masters by coursework programs must be completed within two years.
- Able to supply two letters of reference – one academic reference and one personal reference.
- For PhD and Masters by Research applicants, you must also supply one letter of support from either your supervisor, dean of the faculty or head of school or equivalent.