The CIRES Summer Internship Program 2023 is a paid summer research internship program for undergraduates and graduates interested in pursuing careers in environmental sciences, geosciences, or other relevant subjects. If you want to do research at the world-class NOAA GSL Research Laboratory, you should apply for this research internship for students at the extremely respected Colorado Institute of Technology. You will also get the opportunity to gain research experience at CU Boulder. Students with scientific and technological backgrounds are encouraged to develop the abilities required to meet global social requirements. Your abilities and knowledge will improve as a result. The Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences at the University of Colorado organizes the internship program in the United States. The institute’s basic ideals are justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. With these key ideals, the institute seeks to achieve equality at all levels, without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or other characteristics. The institute’s dedication to these ideals has positively influenced the workplace culture. These are the foundations of environmental research excellence and honesty. To fulfill this aim, the institution has been expanding its ties with organizations that are keen to help underrepresented and marginalized populations in ecological sciences.
- Undergraduate students get 10 weeks while graduate students have 12 weeks.
- If you are an undergraduate student, you will be paid $750 every week for ten weeks.
- If you are a graduate student, you will be paid $1500 every week for ten weeks.
- Airfare and lodging will be provided. Local students will also get a transportation subsidy.
- You will be able to get research experience in environmental or geoscience fields.
- You will discover how your abilities may assist you in resolving societal concerns.
- You will be able to perform virtual research at the laboratories at CU Boulder and the NOAA Global Systems Laboratory.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s students are eligible to apply.
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be available to work full-time throughout the duration of the internship.
- You must be able to complete programme requirements completely remotely.
- You can apply if you desire to undertake research in environmental and geoscience research activities.
- Students from underrepresented groups in science are invited to apply.
- You are welcome with no minimum GPA restriction.
- You can apply even if you have no prior research experience.
- Applicants must apply online at the University of Colorado Boulder’s official website.
- All relevant fields must be completed by candidates.
- You must specify the city in which you desire to live during your internship.
- You must indicate your field of study.
- You must produce a 200-word essay indicating your interest in the internship programme.
- You should highlight any additional courses or certifications that are not shown on your transcripts.
- Documents supporting your claim should be uploaded.
- The referral forms must be uploaded. Filling out the forms should be done by someone who are familiar with your academic or research background.
- Once you have completed and submitted your application, you will receive an email.