Applications are invited for the University of Science and Technology Scholarships 2024. The last date to apply for the UST Scholarships is 1st November 2023. The UST Scholarship 2024 in South Korea is open to all international students from all around the world. Students who desire to receive a fully funded scholarship to study in South Korea are invited to submit an application. The scholarships can be used to pursue a master’s degree, a doctorate, or an MS that leads to a PhD.
At the University of Science & Technology, you can pursue almost any academic field or major. Excellent students can apply for the rewards to help them establish their futures in South Korea. At UST, there are 300 scholarships available. This scholarship will cover all costs associated with earning your degree.
Table of contents
- About the University of Science and Technology
- University of Science and Technology Scholarships Details
- Computer Laboratories
- Sports Activities
- Students Cafeteria
- Financial Benefits
- List of Available Study Fields
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Application Deadline
- How To Apply?
- Frequently Asked Questions
About the University of Science and Technology
In 2003, the University of Science and Technology (UST) was founded. This is made up of numerous South Korean state universities and research centers. UST is among the top 100 universities in the world. It is giving both domestic and foreign students a high-quality education.
UST Bannu is paving the journey to impart high-quality education in the fields of Life Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Business Studies and Humanities. Since its inception, the UST Bannu has been pursuing its mission successfully. The Institute of Engineering and Computing Sciences (IECS) and the Institute of Management Sciences (IMS) admitted a total of 200 students in various disciplines in September 2005, following proper entry tests and interviews, to commence the first academic year. It is worth mentioning that the number of students would increase by initiating new faculties and higher enrollment rates in colleges of the affiliated region.
UST Bannu, operating as an autonomous body, is under the governance of the Chancellor’s Committee until the Syndicate is formed. The Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa leads this Committee according to Ordinance 2005, which consists of seven members and serves as the primary policymaking and controlling authority of the University. The Committee is a think tank of leading experts in the field of education, religious scholars, representatives of the business community and senior officials of the government. This committee would work as a bridge/link between the University and the communities/business world, which is always considered to be an essential requirement for a dynamic seat of learning, working on sound grounds.
University of Science and Technology Scholarships Details
University: University of Science & Technology
Degree level: MS, PhD, MS leading to PhD
Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible nationality: All Nationalities
Award Country: South Korea
Last Date: November 1, 2023
The developed human resource serves as the foundation for economic independence and prosperity in the global community. To this end, futuristic and strategic thinking is vital in planning curriculum and providing an environment conducive to high-quality learning and research in pure and applied sciences. UST Bannu shall endeavour;
- • To provide a productive environment, inevitable for the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest level of excellence.
- • To promote and accelerate the study of, and research in pure and applied sciences and technology in the remote areas of Pakistan.
- • To produce scientists, technologists and educationists of the highest order.
- • To inject spirit into, and project the intelligentsia of the society it belongs to.
- • To accelerate the application of sciences to the common purpose of life.
The core mission of the University of Science & Technology Bannu is to invoke the inherent talent of the society it belongs to, and to instill a spirit in it to uncover the hidden horizons of knowledge and learning through the development of futuristic and strategic thinking in pure and applied Sciences thereby preparing the ground for enlightened luminaries to lead the world in scientific and technological development and thus ensuring a golden period for the Motherland. As a learning institution, we shall simultaneously work towards cultivating a community that not only comprehends the issues of the modern world but also possesses a cosmopolitan outlook, a tolerant attitude, purpose-oriented thinking, and a keen awareness of the changes, challenges, and needs of the time.
Currently, the library holds almost 80,000 books, in addition to leading national dailies, periodicals, computer magazines, journals, CDs, and audiovisual cassettes. You can access the library during both morning and evening hours. The library is linked to prominent foreign libraries through the internet, providing students with access to information and the latest developments in their respective fields.
- The library will remain open during the working hours
- Faculty, staff and all the students of the university are the privileged classes to use the library.
- Each member will receive a non-transferable library card, which they must return when obtaining the clearance certificate from the respective department.
- Members can borrow four books for a period of 14 days.
- After the due date, the student will be punishable with a fine of Rs.10 per day.
- If a student loses or damages a book in any way, they will be responsible for paying an amount equivalent to three times the current price of the book.
- Members will deposit their personal belongings at the counter.
- Eating, smoking, sleeping, and engaging in audible conversations within the library premises are strictly prohibited.
University of Science & Technology, Bannu will provide properly air-conditioned computer laboratories equipped with the latest computers, the laboratories will be well furnished with teaching aids like multimedia projectors and audio-visual equipment etc. University of Science & Technology, Bannu provide free internet facility to students.
University of Science & Technology, Bannu is committed to nourishing both the minds and Physiques of the students. it believes that its students should have an active sporting life besides an academic one. Sports are encouraged at inter-departments/colleges /inter-university level. Male and Female students both will participate in all sporting events planned separately by the university as and when required. The development of playgrounds in the university is in progress. For this purpose, the Directorate of Sports has been established. Moreover, besides the sports complex in Bannu, UST Bannu has also a vast playground at its Main Campus in Bannu Township.
The University has on all three campuses canteens that serve food and refreshments. The environment is clean and peaceful. The staff and students sit together in the canteen and thus an educative environment is created through interaction. Moreover, an International standard cafeteria has been constructed at the Main Campus.
- The University offers hostel facilities to students, coming from far-flung areas. Presently, the University has two boys hostels, one bachelor hostel and one girls hostel.
- The University has rented buildings outside the university to accommodate more number of students. A peaceful and academic environment is ensured in the hostels.
- Merit Scholarships
- Sibling Fee
- University of Science & Technology, Bannu also grants sibling fee concessions to its enrolled students.
- Financial Assistance
- University of Science & Technology, Bannu also plans to start a generous scholarship program for all deserving students subject to the availability of financial resources. The University also tries from time to time to search for sponsors to compensate destitute students.
- University Entrance Fee
- Complete Tuition Fee will be provided
- Monthly Stipend:
- Masters Degree: KRW 1,200,000 / Month
- PhD Degree: KRW 1,600,000 / Month.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Accidental Insurance, E-library, Counseling
- Overseas training/exchange program
- UST Research Paper Award, Excellence Award(issued upon graduation)
- Korean Language Course Fee.
List of Available Study Fields
A wide range of courses is available at the University of Science and Technology for Spring 2024-2025. These courses are from the Science, Engineering, Arts and IT fields.
- Advanced Materials and Chemical Engineering
- Bio-Analytical Science
- Science of Measurement
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology
- Medical Physics
- Industrial Technology
- Food Biotechnology
- Nano Science
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Ocean Science.
- Applicants with any nationality are eligible to apply for the award.
- Candidates who want to be admitted to the master’s Program must complete a Bachelor’s Degree before September 2025.
- Students who want to apply for a Ph.D. must complete or expect to complete their master’s degree before September 2025.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Transcript of Bachelor’s Program
- Master’s Degree or Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Transcript of the Master’s Program.
- Master’s Degree Thesis
- Study Plan
- Letter of Recommendations.
The last date to apply for the UST Scholarships is 1st November 2023.
How To Apply?
The official website is the best place to start if you want to learn more about UST Scholarships Scholarships. There, you may discover comprehensive details on the available programs and courses, the entrance standards and procedures, the campus, student life, and much more. You can also discover more about the university’s faculty, staff, research, and community involvement programs. The website may also provide users with access to course catalogues, student handbooks, and academic calendars. The university’s official website is a wonderful place to start if you are interested in learning more about the institution, whether you are a potential or present student or just curious. To view the website, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Scholarships at the University of Science and Technology vary, and there are typically multiple opportunities available.
To apply for scholarships, you will need to check the university’s official website and follow the application instructions provided.
Eligibility criteria for scholarships may differ based on the specific scholarship, but they often consider factors like academic performance, financial need, and extracurricular involvement.
The last date to apply for the UST Scholarships is 1st November 2023.
Yes, there are often scholarships designed specifically for international students to promote diversity and inclusion.