Applications are invited for Fully Funded Norwegian-Chinese Government Scholarship at Norwegian accredited Higher Education institutions.
The main goal of the Norwegian-Chinese Government Scholarship is to contribute to establishing and extending the academic and cultural contact between Norwegian and Chinese individuals, and between research and educational institutions, through the annual exchange of up to 20 students and researchers – 10 to China and 10 to Norway. The scholarship scheme is bilaterally financed from Norwegian and Chinese side.
Successful applicant will recieve:
- A grant of approximately 21 600 NOK per month from your host institution. Please be aware that tax may reduce the amount.
- CSC will provide an additional monthly grant of 1000 NOK in addition.
- Accommodation must normally be paid out of the monthly grant.
- You will not pay tuition fees, except a fee of approximately 600 NOK per semester.
- CSC covers one round trip airfare ticket in addition to the scholarship.
- Visa costs are not covered by the scholarship.
- It is not possible to extend the duration of the grant once the grant has been awarded.
Number of Scholarships
A total of 10 scholarships will normally be available annually for Chinese scholars and PhD candidates. Each scholarship will cover a stay of 10 months.
To be eligible for Fully Funded Norwegian-Chinese Government Scholarship, applicant:
- must be a Chinese Citizen
- must be a PhD-student or academic staff at a Chinese higher education institution
- must fulfil the announced language and educational requirements from your target Norwegian host institution.
To apply for Norwegian-Chinese Government Scholarship:
Applicants must submit two applications through one application portal.
All applicants must submit two application forms: One to Diku and one to China Scholarship Council (CSC). Both forms can be found and submitted through the China Scholarship Council application portal. Please make sure that you have all the necessary documents mentioned below before you start the application process.
Mandatory attachments for the application:
- Letter of recommendation from Chinese home institution
- Letter of invitation from a Norwegian host institution
- Diku application form “Norwegian Government Scholarships”, filled out
- CSC application form (with a stamp of consent on it from the applicant’s home institution), filled out
- List of publications, if applicable
- The application to Diku and all attachments must be submitted in English or Scandinavian, in PDF format. If the original language is not English or Scandinavian, the attachment in the original language must accompany an official translation.