- The Malaysian Government’s Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) program aims to attract the greatest minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate academic studies in Malaysia. The purpose of this scholarship is to aid the Malaysian government’s efforts to attract, motivate, and retain talented foreign human resources.
- International students with good academic records and strong co-curricular backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this scholarship, which would allow them to continue their studies at the postgraduate level in Malaysian public institutions and selected private Higher Learning Institutions.
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2022 is available to study in Malaysian universities at the masters and doctoral levels.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
The following conditions must be met by all applicants:
- Not be more than 40 and 45 years of age for Masters and Ph.D. respectively.
- For the Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at the Bachelor’s Degree level.
- For Ph.D. In the program, applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good results at the Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended Ph.D. study.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.5); or TOEFL internet-based test, iBT (minimum total score of 92); or
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as a medium of instruction may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submission of a written proposal with a minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.