Applications are invited for The Funded ESOP Scholarships at the University of Oslo, Norway.
When deciding on a topic for your master’s thesis, you should consider choosing a project which is relevant for one or more of ESOP’s research areas and apply for the ESOP Scholarship which grants you money, prestige, and access to a dynamic and ambitious research environment.
- The scholarship is NOK 15 000
- A personal work space with a computer
- Iinvitations to ESOP’s research seminars and workshops
- You may receive financial support for project related travels
- Your planned Master’s thesis must be relevant to one or more of ESOP’s research areas.
- Applicants are supposed to have at least one supervisor among the ESOP research staff.
- Applicants should contact their supervisor to discuss a project plan.
To be eligible for
- Applicants should be Master’s students at the Department of Economics or at other departments at the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Oslo.
- Preferably you should write your thesis next spring semester..
- Short application (1-2 pages) containing at least:
- a presentation of yourself
- your motivation for applying
- a work schedule for the rest of your master degree
- the name(s) of the supervisor and / or the proposed ESOP supervisor
- A project description for the thesis (2-5 pages)
- Grades from higher education
How to apply
Please note that you have to upload all the documents in the online form.
Applications will be subject to assessment in November. All applicants will be notified by the end of the month.
Up to four ESOP scholarships are announced, but we may choose not to award any if no excellent candidates are found.