Applications are invited for Fully Funded Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA) at Sweden.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA) grant scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2021. Check the list of master’s programmes that are eligible for Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA) for the academic year 2021/2022.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at University Admissions, between 16 October 2020 – 15 January 2021.
- Apply for an SI scholarship from 8 February 00:01 to 18 February 2021 14:59 CET, follow the instructions below.
Number of Scholarships
Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded to South African citizens attending master’s degree studies starting in the autumn semester 2021.
Note: The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) is offering support in the form of payment of the SEK 900 for the Swedish university application fee to a maximum of 15 individuals. Applications for this must be submitted to DHET on the requisite form. If approved, this fee will be paid directly to University Admissions Sweden.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 (one-time payment for the entire scholarship period)
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
The scholarship does not cover
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA) is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities in the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
To be eligible for Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA):
- Country of citizenship: Only citizens of South Africa are eligible for SISSA.
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 9 April 2021.
- Master’s programmes: The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give greatest priority to certain subject areas.
- Other eligibility criteria: There are also conditions regarding dual citizenships, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
To apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA), following documents are required:
- Motivation Letter Form SISGP_SISSA 2021-2022
- CV form SISGP_SISSA 2021-2022
- Proof of Work and Leadership Experience Form Global Professionals 2021-2022 (not obligatory)
- Letter of Reference Form Global Professionals 2021-2022 (not obligatory)
- A copy of valid passport