In the Autumn semester of 2023, the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship program that replaces the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS), will give scholarships to a significant number of master’s programs at Swedish universities.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals seeks to train future global leaders who will contribute to the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to positive and sustainable development in their home nations and area.
Swedish Universities and Higher Education Institutions.
Number of Scholarships:
In 2023, an expected 350 scholarships will be offered.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Students from the following countries:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
To be eligible for SISGP:
• You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships (see above). However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
• You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
• You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 30 of March 2023.
• The master’s programs you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. The university gives priority to programs within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more. Read the complete eligibility criteria found on the official website.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s program at universityadmissions.se, by 16 January 2023. Once you have submitted your application for the master’s program (s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s program, you can apply for an SI scholarship. You must submit the required documents digitally through the online application portal from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2023 14:59 CET.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.