Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2023 is a fully financed research-oriented summer scholarship in Austria. The 10-week summer research program allows exceptional and dexterous students to do life science research in one of Europe’s premier research institutes under the guidance of the world’s best mentors. The program offers outstanding students who are interested in research and development-oriented scientific advances in a dynamic and lively scientific environment. The VBC Austria aspires to bring together talented, brilliant, and masterminds from across the world and place them in the world’s most fascinating scientific labs to allow them to grow and improve. The best part of this Vienna summer school 2023 is that fellow students will be able to travel to Europe for free to learn how to use the latest technologies and work in the world’s top laboratories. A wide range of research programs enhances the Vienna Biocenter. The summer student program is structured in such a way that each fellow is assigned a faculty member with whom he or she will work closely and independently. The Biocenter is well-known for its talented professors. Kim Nasmyth, for example, got the Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences for his groundbreaking work on chromosomal segregation.
- Students will be completely accommodated.
- There will be a well-furnished modern room with a common bathroom and kitchen.
- Each participant will get a 1400 Euro stipend for nine weeks.
- Each student will receive a free travel pass for the duration of the scholarship.
- Medical insurance will be provided in full.
- All travel expenses to and from Vienna will be covered.
- Along with the customary Friday Evening Social Hours, students will enjoy an opening dinner, trips to locations in Vienna, a trip to Heurigen, and concluding summer school celebrations.
- Each year, the summer program will begin on the last Friday of June and end on the final Friday of August, or August 31.
- 20 undergraduate students.
- Research program for 9 weeks.
- Participants may be of any gender or nationality.
- Candidates with a BA Hons, master’s student, MSc, or who are undergraduates or master’s students with at least two years of university experience are eligible to apply.
- The student must be pursuing a degree in biological sciences.
- The applicant must have a strong academic background.
- Students must be fluent in English.
- The students get either three months of research experience or training as part of their academic curriculum.
- Candidates must apply online through the Vienna Biocenter Summer School Online Application.
- Applicants must provide three names of lab heads based on their preferences.
- Candidates must give academic information as well as research experience.