International Students can apply for Mext University Recommendation Scholarships at Asia Pacific University in Japan. The scholarship covers Undergraduate and Postgraduate level programs at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in the subject of All Subjects. The scholarship has an open deadline.
This grant is given to APU-recommended excellent overseas students. This scholarship is provided by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) with the goal of increasing international competitiveness and encouraging the active exchange of international students at Japanese universities.
Mext University Recommendation Scholarships at Asia Pacific University Japan are a fantastic opportunity to study at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University on an undergraduate or postgraduate level.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
International students are recommended by the university.
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Be born on or after April 2, 1987
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Submit the APU application by November 17, 2021 (for September 2022 Enrollment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified of their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.