The Science@Leuven Scholarships are available to ambitious and bright foreign students interested in participating in an international master’s program at the K.U.Leuven’s Faculty of Science.
- Masters level programs
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology
- Master of Biology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialization Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specializations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics and Data Science
- Master of Sustainable Development (ICP)
The scholarship might be worth up to 10.000 Euros for one year. The scholarship will always cover one year’s tuition, insurance, and minimum health insurance coverage. The amount granted for living costs is subject to change. For two-year Master’s programs, the scholarship for the second master’s year will only be extended if the student has exceptional performance in the first master’s year.
- All Nationalities.
• the applicants have not previously studied or worked at the University of Leuven,
• the applicants have a bachelor’s degree from a foreign university that allows them access to the master’s program they are applying for,
• the applicants have not yet obtained a master’s degree or a Ph.D.
• the applicants can demonstrate excellent study results during their previous training,
• the applicants can demonstrate a very strong knowledge of English (TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based)) (minimum score of 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking, and 6 for writing),
Applicants must apply for the Master’s program of their choosing through the KU Leuven application portal. When you register for the scholarship, you must share a screenshot proving that you successfully filed the admissions application.
Only applications submitted (with the International Office and registered on the scholarship website) by February 15, 2023, will be considered for the scholarship.
To obtain the application form and complete information on how to apply for this scholarship, please read the scholarship application page and visit the official website (link provided below).