Applications are invited for Partially Funded Premier Undergraduate & Wesbrook Scholarships at The University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada.
The Premier Undergraduate Scholarships and Wesbrook Scholars are the University’s most prestigious designations, given to senior students with outstanding academic performance, leadership, and involvement in student and community activities.
Awards range from 20 Wesbrook Scholar designations worth $1,000 each to renewable scholarships worth $20,000 over two years.
Eligible students will be emailed with an invitation to attend an information session in September.
To be eligible for Premier Undergraduate & Wesbrook Scholarships, applicant must:
- demonstrate strong leadership, teamwork skills, and community participation (on- or off-campus). Some awards require an interest or participation in athletics
- have attended UBC Vancouver Campus during the two previous winter sessions (2018/19 and 2019/20) while meeting the registration requirements
- rank academically in the top 10% of your year level and awarding faculty
- are in the third, fourth, or fifth year of a baccalaureate program and are on track to graduate in 2021 or 2022, or
- be in any year of the M.D., D.M.D. or J.D. programs, or
- be in in the first year of a Masters degree program (students in a PhD. program or in dual-degree PhD program are not eligible for this award)
Registration requirements for eligibility
To meet the registration requirements during your current winter session (2020W) and your previous two winter sessions (2018W and 2019W), you were registered in:
- A minimum of 24 percentage-graded credits during both terms of the winter session, or
- A reduced course load due to extenuating circumstances (documentation is required), or
- A co-op or education abroad program in one term and 12 percentage-graded credits in the other term of the same winter session, or
- An education abroad program or co-op for both terms during a given winter session
Students graduating in May 2021 or students with an approved reduced course load can have their current winter registration requirements waived upon confirmation.
UBC students studying abroad during the previous winter session, you must submit a copy of their transcripts from the exchange institution with this application.
For detailed requirements for all awards please see the UBC Regulations Governing University Awards.
To apply for the Premier Undergraduate and Wesbrook Scholarships, you must first be nominated by your academic faculty or school. Your faculty will reach out to you and provide a link to the online application form.
For more information on the required documents for the application, please refer to the student instructions (pdf) for the scholarships.
The following awards are included in the 2020/21 competition:
C. K. Choi Scholarship
One $10,000 scholarship renewable for a second year based on maintained scholarship standing
Sherwood Lett Memorial Scholarship
One $5,000 scholarship renewable for a second year based on maintained scholarship standing
Carl Bradford Robertson Scholarship
Four $14,250 scholarships
Harry Logan Memorial Scholarship and Harold B. & Nellie Boyes Memorial Scholarship
Two scholarships of $1,950 and $10,900 awarded together, totaling $12,850
Thelma Sharp Cook Scholarship
One $8,600 scholarship
HSBC Emerging Leader Scholarship
Eight $5,000 scholarships
Amy E. Sauder Scholarship and Jean Craig Smith Scholarship
Two scholarships of $2,450 and $1,150 awarded together, totaling $3,600
Twenty scholarships of $1,000 and the Wesbrook Scholar designation
Martha C. Piper Arts Award in Global Citizenship
One $1,150 award to an eligible Arts student under the Wesbrook Scholar criteria
John H. Mitchell Scholarship
One $10,000 scholarship