Applications are invited for Fully Funded Postdoctoral Research Fellow Health Management and Health Economics Position at the Department of Health Management and Health Economics (HELED), University of Oslo, Norway.
The project is part of the Norwegian Center for Health Services Research, NORCHER, funded by Research Council of Norway led by HELED at the Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo. The purpose of NORCHER is to develop, implement and evaluate models for health-service delivery that encourage equal access, high quality and cost-effectiveness. NORCHER aims to build institutional expertise and capacity within the area of health service research.
The fellowship is a fulltime position and will be for a period of 3 years, of which 10% is devoted to compulsary work for the department.
Successful Postdoctoral Research Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Salary NOK 523 200– 605 500 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
To apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Health Management and Health Economics, applicants must have:
- A doctoral degree or degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree (PhD) is required, and the topic of the PhD must be in areas that are relevant to the project, such as Economics or Health Economics.
- For applicants who have not defended their dissertation, it is a prerequisite that the doctoral thesis is submitted for assessment before the application deadline expires. It is a prerequisite for starting in the postdoctoral position that the dissertation is approved
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
The following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- A strong background in econometrics and applied empirical research
- Advanced user of statistical software such as STATA for estimating models
- Experience and motivation for working with merged registry data, such as hospital discharge data and primary health care data
- Scientific publications and preparation of scientific manuscripts in English
- A strong background in health economic theory on incentives and behavior
- Ability to work independently
- Professional and personal prerequisites and motivations for carrying out the research activities in the research group
For Postdoctoral Research Fellow Health Management and Health Economics, applicants are required to submit:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- A complete list of publications
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)