If you wish to perform postdoctoral research, this is a fantastic option. Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowship applications are now being accepted. This post will go into depth regarding this scholarship program, its perks, and the application procedure.
The Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2024 are fully financed international fellowships. The fellowship length is two years, with a one-year extension option. The Fellowships offer a very competitive package that includes a stipend, health insurance, and other benefits. The ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Programmes, named after Prof. Arturo Falaschi, the Centre’s founding mind and driving force, include five types of long and short-term Ph.D. and Postdoctoral awards available to scientists from the ICGEB Member States to conduct research in Trieste, New Delhi, or Cape Town.
Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships will give the following incentives to the recipient:
- Monthly stipend: Euro 2,000 in Trieste (Italy), US$ 1,590 in New Delhi (India), and ZAR 18,750 in Cape Town (South Africa).
- Travel: The fellowship includes a provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the start of the fellowship and a provision for return travel at the end of the fellowship.
- For the length of the fellowship, medical health insurance is given.
- The research group’s funding will cover all research expenditures.
- Visa/stay permit application and renewal fees are covered.
- The Group Leader / PI usually provides assistance with meetings and course participation.
- The ICGEB does not provide financial or administrative provisions for family members of program participants.
- The Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia delivers a housing service through the ICGEB Trieste.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is operated on campus for a minimal fee on a twin-share basis.
- Fellows get housing assistance from ICGEB Cape Town. Prior to arrival, arrangements are made.
To be eligible for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidates must meet all of the conditions listed below:
- English is the required language.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be completed in their home country unless they have worked abroad for at least the past three years and at the time of application.
- Qualifications: Applicants must have a recent Ph.D. in Life Sciences.
- The candidate must have at least three years of research experience.
- Candidates under the age of 35 are given preference.
To apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, please follow the guidelines below:
(1) Create an account here. and begin filling out the application from this page.
(2) You must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Research proposal
- Doctor of Philosophy diploma
- Statement of purpose.
- Three (3) referees may write a letter of recommendation for you. At least one of them should be a graduate of the most recent university or college you attended.