Otago International Excellence Scholarships welcome, support and recognise the very best international students enrolling in a postgraduate coursework Master’s degree at the University of Otago. These merit-based scholarships recognise academic excellence, diversity, and leadership potential in supporting high-achieving students in their studies. The Otago International Excellence Scholarships are also designed to support those students best placed to make a positive impact on society in their future career.
Click On The Link: online scholarships for engineering students
Up to NZ$10,000 for tuition fees.
To be eligible for Otago International Excellence Scholarships, applicants must be:
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- Eligible to apply for Business, Humanities of Sciences coursework Master’s programme, and are intending to commence full-time study in that programme in 2021
There is no formal application process for Otago International Excellence Scholarships. Students will be assessed for a scholarship on application for their programme and recipients will be advised of their scholarship in the Offer of Place.
Selection of scholarship recipients is at the discretion of the University of Otago.
- Eligible programmes are postgraduate coursework programmes of 120 points or more.
- International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia.
- Eligible students must have an Offer of Place for full-time study in an eligible postgraduate programme.
- International students currently studying undergraduate degrees at the University of Otago are eligible.
- Deferral of the scholarship is not normally possible. However, there may be exceptions related to COVID-19.
- The scholarship applies for one year of study only.
- This scholarship will not appear on the recipient’s academic transcript.
- The scholarship is paid as a tuition fee rebate.
- Payment of the scholarship for recipients who commence their full-time study at the University of Otago in Semester Two and intend to enrol in full-time study at the University of Otago in Semester One in the following year, will normally receive half the scholarship amount when they commence their study and the remaining amount when they recommence in Semester One the following year.
- The Scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with an Otago Coursework Master’s Scholarship.
- The Scholarship may be held with another scholarship as long as this is permitted within the regulations of the other scholarship(s). It is the responsibility of the recipient to declare multiple scholarships to the University of Otago.
- In order to receive the scholarship, recipients must be enrolled and studying the degree stated in the Offer of Place.
- Recipients agree to reasonable requests from the University of Otago to appropriately represent the University and the scholarship.
- The University of Otago may, at any time, suspend or terminate the scholarship, or require the forfeiture of such proportion of the scholarship as the University of Otago may determine, if it is not satisfied that the recipient is enrolled and studying full-time, full-year, and diligently pursuing a full-time, full-year programme or if the recipient has brought the University of Otago or the scholarship into disrepute.
- Upon the termination of a student’s enrolment for any reason, including his or her withdrawal, entitlement to scholarship funding shall be cancelled. In such circumstances, the University may also require repayment (in part or full) of any scholarship payments already made.