Applications are invited for Fully Funded NUS Research Scholarship at the National University of Singapore.
The Fully Funded NUS Research Scholarship for International Students is awarded to outstanding graduate students for research leading to a higher degree at the University. The Scholarship consists of a monthly stipend plus a tuition fee subsidy.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend as follows:
- Singapore Citizen: PhD S$2,700 and Master’s S$2,500
- Singapore Permanent Resident: PhD S$2,200 and Master’s S$1,500
- International Student: PhD S$2,000 and Master’s S$1,500
- Tuition fees at the University.
- Scholars in a PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), which is normally held 12 to 18 months after registration of candidature. The additional stipend is renewable each semester subject to good performance. The quantum and duration of the additional stipend may vary between Faculties and Schools.
The Fully Funded NUS Research Scholarship for International Students is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper division) / Honours (Distinction) or equivalent
- Have been offered admission to / or already admitted to a full-time graduate research programme at NUS
- Must be eligible for MOE Subsidy
The NUS Research Scholarship for International Students is tenable for one (1) year in the first instance and thereafter may, subject to the Scholar’s satisfactory progress, be renewed each semester at the University’s discretion. The maximum period of the Scholarship is two (2) years for Master’s applicants and four (4) years for PhD applicants, as determined by the relevant faculty or school in each case. In addition, not all faculties or schools offer scholarships for Master’s by Research programmes.
Incoming graduate students should indicate their interest in the NUS Research Scholarship for International Students in their application for admission.
Notification of Award
Successful applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications sometime in May (for admission in August) or October (for admission in January). Successful applicants are required to sign a letter of undertaking agreeing to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Scholarship.