Applications are invited for Fully Funded Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language, Literature and Culture at Norwegian university or university college.
Are you studying Norwegian language, literature or culture at Master or Ph.D. level? If so you could be eligible for a grant.
The mobility grant is awarded Master and Ph.D. students whom have chosen Norwegian language, Norwegian literature or also Norwegian culture as topic for their dissertation. A prerequisite is that you are a student at a department for Nordic/Scandinavian studies at an institution outside of Norway.
The grant must be used for fieldwork in connection with a Norwegian higher institution of learning and with a Norwegian tutor. Grants are awarded for a minimum of one and a maximum of three months, and cover travel to/from Norway, accommodation and living expenses in Norway for this period.
The grant is given to board and lodging, in addition to travel:
Grant for board and lodging:
- The grant follows the rates set by The Norwegian State Educational Loan
- Fund for basic support and is NOK 11,500 per month.
- Travel grant to/from Norway:
- NOK 2,000 for travel from countries in Europe
- NOK 3,000 for travel from St. Petersburg and Moscow in Russia
- NOK 5,000 for travel from other cities in Russia, other Eurasia countries and countries outside of Europe
To apply for the Fully Funded Mobility Grant for Norwegian:
- Read the guidelines for the grant
- Prepare at project description and contact a tutor and an institution of higher learning in Norway.
- Fill out the online application form in “Espresso”
- Obligatory attachments:
- a recommendation letter from the home institution tutor
- a personal invitation letter from the Norwegian institution
- Submit the application before the deadline: March 25th, 2022.
- The applications will be assessed by the Programme Committee for Norwegian Studies Abroad
- The applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application in early May
A report about the fieldwork must be submitted within one month after the fieldwork has ended. A report form will be available under “My tasks” in Espresso.