Applications are invited for Fully funded IsDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme to study abroad at partnered universities/countries.
The IsDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme was launched in 1983 with the objective to provide educational opportunities to the academically meritorious young students from IsDB Member Countries (MCs) and Muslim communities in non-member countries to pursue undergraduate or first-degree study and to train them in specific fields in order to improve their socio-economic conditions and make a meaningful contribution to the development of their communities and countries.
The objective of this IsDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme is to assist the MCs and Muslim Communities in non-member countries in the development of their human capitals specially in fields that are both relevant and important for their development.
Successful applicants of undergraduate scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living of the country of study.
- Tuition fees, if any, subject to IsDB’s approval.
- Cost of medical treatment at university/government hospital.
- Economy class return air tickets (once at the time of joining and on completion of study) and installation and equipment allowance for the students selected to study abroad at partnered universities/countries.
The IsDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme is open for academically meritorious students with strong desire to engage in social services and community development after graduation.
Candidates MUST ensure that they meet all the criteria of the programme listed hereunder, failing which the Application will not be considered:
- Must be a citizen of any of the IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Candidate from non-member countries must be a Muslim.
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or registered in one of the top 10 public/government universities in his/her own country.
- Must have minimum of 70% in his/her high school final GPA.
- Must choose a field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme.
- Must provide evidence of language proficiency in university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS or passed required level test conducted such as by British Council or equivalent system in French or other language).
- Must provide certified English or French translation of all documents in case if they are initially in other languages.
- Must not be in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during study.
- Must be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Fields of Study
Eligible candidate must apply to pursue Undergraduate Studies in one of the fields of study as shown in the left column as below:
- Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratories, Microbiology, Public Health, Nutrition, Health Services Management, Bio-Medicine, Medical Technology, Veterinary, Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Technology and related fields
- Engineering: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Surveying, Urban Planning
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Industrial Technologies
- Physics, Geology and related fields
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication, and Electronics and related fields
- Natural Resources, Marine Sciences
- Law, Media & Journalism, Political Sciences, Entrepreneurships and Trade & Commerce
- Statistics, Demography Econometrics, and Social Studies
- Education, Psychology and Learning, Education Policy and International Development
Candidates granted the undergraduate scholarship are expected to:
- Sign the IsDB’s prescribed Scholarship Agreement stating their commitment to their studies and serve their communities and countries upon graduation.
- Commit to cover, after the completion of their undergraduate study, either tuition fees of the first year of their Master’s degree. In this case, the IsDB will support them by covering the fees of their second year of study. Otherwise, they shall cover cost of first year of study for a new undergraduate student from same community/country nominated by the IsDB.
- Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis and without interruption and provide the IsDB with progress reports on their studies on a regular basis;
- Not to seek or accept other scholarship or remunerated work during their study under the Programme;
- Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good personal and professional conduct consistent with the rules, regulations and objectives of the Programme and the overall mission of the IsDB; and
- Register to the IsDB Alumni after graduation to network with other alumnus and keep updating the IsDB about their professional progress and achievements in their communities/countries.