Applications are invited for Fully Funded IsDB Master Scholarships at IsDB approved universities worldwide.
The IsDB Fully Funded Master Scholarships Programme was launched in 1998 with an objective to assist IsDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries in the development of their human capitals specially in development related areas relevant to Sustainability Sciences that are both relevant and important for their development and specifically:
- To increase the number of intermediate level manpower, which is necessary for an effective technology development, transfer and maintenance.
- To increase access to the educational opportunities available under the IsDB initiatives in human capitals development by creating a special programme suited to their circumstances and needs.
- To enhance the ability of students to participate in the IsDB PhD Programme.
Successful Master Scholarship applicant will receive:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living of the country of study.
- Tuition fees as charged by the university and approved by the IsDB.
- Cost of medical treatment at university/government/public hospitals.
- Economy class return air tickets (once at the time of joining and on completion of study) and installation allowance for the students selected to study abroad at partnered universities/countries.
- Thesis preparation Allowance.
Fields of study
The eligible candidates may apply to study in one of the following fields of study only:
- Sustainable Agriculture: Food Security, Resilient Crops, Postharvest Technologies
- Education: Quality of Teaching, Pupil/Teacher Ratio, High Level Training
- Education for Sustainable Development: Integration of Sustainability-related issues into national curricula and teaching syllabus documents
- Climate Change: Strategies for Reductions of CO2 Emissions, Climate Mitigation, Carbon Sequestration Methods
- Energy: Renewable Energy, Green Technologies, Solar Potential, Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Biogas and Biodiesel
- Sustainable Cities: Insulation Technologies, Transportation, Urban Planning
- Responsible Growth: Reduction of Waste, Serving Communities, Ethics of Growth
- Waste Management: Recycling, Carbon Footprint Reduction, Waste to Energy Technologies
- Population Growth: Urban Sprawl, Density and Epidemics, Overshoot
- Green Chemistry: Alternative Technologies, Cutting-edge Research, Limitation of Pollution
- Biodiversity: Loss of Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services, Mass Extinction, Agrobiodiversity
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics: Plastic Incorporation into the Food Chain, Biodegradable Plastics, Recycling Possibilities
- Water and Hygiene: Water Purity and Availability, Sanitation and Quality
- Health: Medicine, Pharmacy, Nutrition
- ICT for Development: Computer Science, Laser and Fiber Optics, Telecommunication, Electronics
- Innovation & Infrastructure Development: Build Resilient Infrastructure, Innovation and Industrial Development, Technological Infrastructure, Product Innovation
- Islamic Economics, Finance and Banking: Mode & Services of Islamic Banking and Finance, Sharia Standards for IFIs, Islamic Insurance & Takaful, Islamic Capital Market, Sharia & Operational Aspects of Sukuk, Islamic Micro-Finance, Zakat Management, Awqaf & Zakat Management
- Development-related Social Sciences: International economics, Journalism, Law, Intellectual Property (IP), Political Sciences, Entrepreneurships, Trade and Commerce
The IsDB Fully Funded Master Scholarships Programme is open for academically meritorious students and mid-career professionals from member countries and Muslim Communities in non-member countries.
Candidates MUST ensure that they meet all the criteria of the programme listed hereunder, failing which the Application will not be considered:
- Must be a citizen of any of the IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Candidate from non-member countries must be a Muslim.
- Must have minimum of 70% in his/her Bachelor studies’ GPA.
- Must choose a field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme.
- Must provide certified English or French translation of all documents in case if they are initially in other languages.
- Must provide evidence of language proficiency in university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS or passed required level test conducted such as by British Council or equivalent system in French or other languages).
- Must not be in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during study.
- Must be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Candidates granted the Scholarship are expected to:
- Sign the IsDB’s prescribed Scholarship Agreement stating their commitment to their studies and to serve his/her communities and countries upon graduation.
- Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis without interruption and provide the IsDB with progress reports on their studies on a regular basis.
- Not to seek or accept other scholarship or remunerated work during their study under the Programme.
- Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good personal and professional conduct consistent with the rules, regulations and objectives of the Programme and the overall mission of the IsDB.
- Register and join the IsDB Alumni after graduation to network with other alumnus and keep updating the IsDB about their progress and achievements in their communities/countries.
- Refund 50% of the total amount spent on their study after graduation and securing gainful employment, in easy installments, to Local Education Trust Fund (LETF) established by the IsDB in their countries.