International Students and Domestic Students can apply for Matsumae International Foundation Scholarships in Japan for International Students 2023. The scholarship allows students to pursue research-level programs in any of the subjects taught at Japan’s universities, according to the Matsumae International Foundation. The scholarship has an open deadline.
Successful applicants will receive the following financial assistance.
Only successful applicants are awarded fellowships, which are meant to cover living expenses and research activities in Japan. This fellowship is not transferable under any circumstances.
Matsumae International Foundation Scholarships for International Students in Japan 2023 are offered for research-level programs at Japanese universities.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Round-trip economy class airfare is provided between the nearest international airport from a grantee’s domicile and Tokyo, Japan.
- A monthly allowance of JPY 220,000 is provided to cover expenses for research activities (including materials) and living expenses in Japan.
- JPY 120,000 is provided to cover part of the initial costs of living in Japan.
- The MIF invites fellowship recipients to participate in a study tour during their fellowship to deepen their understanding of Japan.
- Overseas travel insurance with medical treatment and death benefits is provided.
|Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all the following requirements are eligible to submit application documents.|
● Applicants must have an occupation in their home countries, return there upon completing their fellowship tenure, and should contribute to the development of their own country.
● Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (other than short-term stays such as for sightseeing or conferences)
● Applicants must have sufficient English or Japanese languages ability.
●Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
●Applicants must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
● Applicants must obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan prior to application.
Applicants must submit their application documents to the MIF via e-mail.
|● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
● Application Period: April 1, 2022, to June 30, 2022 (Japan Standard Time)
Applications will not be accepted for any reason before or after the application period.
Applications are evaluated by the MIF Screening Committee on the basis of academic value and the degree of perfection of the research projects.
● The results will be announced on the MIF website in December 2022.
● The MIF will not comment on the reasons for the decisions made by the Screening Committee.
● It is the policy of the MIF to neither disclose the content of discussions by the Screening Committee nor accept inquiries about individual applications.
● The MIF will send a grant letter to successful applicants.
The following documents must be submitted as PDFs to the MIF via email.
All documents must be typed in English.
Inadequate documents will not be accepted.
The following will be automatically rejected without notice.
- Emails over 10 MB in size.
- Emails with attachments with file extensions other than “pdf.”
- Emails with attachments in any compressed format such as “zip” or “rar.”
- Emails include any program files or downloadable links.
Please download the application form from the link below.
An ID photograph taken within the past three months must be attached.
Please make sure that the form is filled out precisely.
[Application Form(PDF)][Application Form(Word)]
Applications using anything but the prescribed form that has been signed and dated will not be accepted.