Applications are invited for Fully Funded IDS Graduate Scholarship 2021 for low or lower-middle income countries at the Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, United Kingdom.
The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is delighted to offer at least one scholarship to encourage high achieving scholars from the Global South to study for a master’s degree commencing in 2021.
IDS Graduate Scholarships are supported by a number of generous funders including the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and Dr Purna Chander Kotagiri Fund.
These scholarships are available to international students from low- or lower-middle-income countries who have accepted a full-time place on an IDS master’s degree. Preference for one scholarship will be given to female students from Africa or Asia. Priority for all scholarships will be given to those who have the greatest potential to make a difference in their home countries after completing the degree.
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Taught full-time master’s degree plus essential living costs
- Up to £18,500 for fees and up to £11,000 for essential living costs
To be eligible for Fully Funded IDS Graduate Scholarship, applicants must:
- be nationals of and currently living in a low or lower-middle income country. For details please refer to the World Bank’s country list
- have proven academic skills and an established career with a track record of excellence and achievement in the field of development
- be able to demonstrate, through your previous experience and future plans, that you are committed to working for development – be it educational, economic, social or cultural – in your home country
- not have studied nor worked in a high-income (developed) country
- meet all of IDS and the University of Sussex’s general entrance requirements.
- have received an unconditional offer on a full-time taught IDS master’s degree (see our list of IDS master’s courses) by 30 April 2021 (it is possible to apply for the scholarship before receiving an offer of a place)
Applications for the Fully Funded IDS Graduate Scholarship 2021 award should be submitted via our online IDS Scholarship Application Form.
In fairness to other applicants, we are unable to consider applications from applicants who have not already secured sufficient funds to meet the remaining tuition and living expenses at the time of application (after taking account of the possible award of this Scholarship) and you must provide evidence of how you will fund your expenses.