HELB awards partial scholarships to Kenyans pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters or PHD) in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE].
The value of the scholarship award is Kshs. 200,000 and Kshs. 450,000 for Masters and PhD programmes respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Programme and 3 years for the PhD.
To be eligible for HELB Postgraduate Scholarships, applicants must have:
- Letter of Admission into a full or part time Postgraduate university program
- Minimum undergraduate qualification of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division.
- Reporting for First year of study
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Innovation and Fisheries [STEM IF] and those courses which will directly contribute to the “Big Four Agenda”
- If the applicant is a previous or current HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant MUST be repaying his/her loan or has cleared the loan.
To apply for HELB Postgraduate Scholarships, applicants are required to:
- Visit www.helb.co.ke and login to your existing HELB account; or Register and fill in your profile details to create HELB account if you do not have one.
- Read and understand the instructions provided on the website before you commence the application process.
- Access, duly complete and print two copies of the Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form.
- Have the Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated on the checklist?
- Submit the duly completed Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form to HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 2, Anniversary Towers or at select Huduma Centres
- Retain one copy of the duly filled Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form.
- Geographical distribution and gender are considered during the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants from marginalized regions are highly encouraged to apply.
- A non-refundable application fee of Kshs. 3,000 is to be paid directly to HELB Operations A/C NO 1104823047, KCB, University Way Branch
- Do not pay any individual to process your HELB Scholarship Application.
The HELB Postgraduate Scholarship application form is accessible from the Student Portal upon registration. The application runs from May to July every year.