Applications are invited for Fully Funded Global Korea Scholarships for Undergraduate Degrees at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea.
Global Korea Scholarships is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
Available Options in Universities
Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
※ Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.).
Number of Global Korea Scholarships
Korean government invites 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Korean government invites 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree(Engineering or Nature Science majors) and also 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the designated universities.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW per month
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Medical Insurance: 60,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW (offered once)
To apply for Global Korea Scholarships:
- All applicants and their parents must be citizens of GKS program’s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time
- Must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021 (born after March 1, 1996)
- Must hold high school diploma as of March 01, 2021 or must be expected to graduate high school by March 01 , 2021
- All applicants must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the following from their respective universities:
- Bachelor’s Degree Applicant: 80% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class
- Associate Degree Applicant: 75% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 25% within one’s class
For Global Korea Scholarships, applicants are required to:
- Submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned
- Academic Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Purpose or Research Proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Certificates of Language Proficiency (Korean or English), publications, awards, and etc.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees