Applications are invited for Fully Funded John Monash Scholarships 2022 at the world’s best universities.
John Monash Scholarships recognise excellence and leadership, and celebrate one of Australia’s finest leaders: General Sir John Monash. Scholarships are awarded annually to outstanding Australian graduates to support them with post graduate study at the world’s best universities. Successful applicants have demonstrated excellence in their field, leadership potential, and are motivated to contribute to a better Australia.
The John Monash Scholarships are not limited by age, gender, academic field of study or choice of overseas university.
The first group of John Monash Scholars was selected in 2004, since then the alumni has grown to 215 Scholars and the John Monash Scholarship has become one of Australia’s most important postgraduate scholarship programmes. The Foundation and Scholarships are proudly supported by the Australian Government, private sector organisations, universities and individuals.
Why apply for a John Monash Scholarship?
- Uniquely Australia Scholarships, established in Australia for Australian citizens, for the benefit of Australia.
- Open for people of all ages and from all fields of endeavour to undertake a postgraduate degree (Masters, PhD or equivalent degree) overseas.
- Not restricted by where you would like to complete your postgraduate degree overseas, as long as you can demonstrate why it is a world-leading institution for your particular study.
For the applicants who receive a John Monash Scholarship, the benefits are both immediate and enduring. John Monash Scholars achieve national and local recognition through the publicity offered to the Scholarships, and the Foundation and the John Monash Scholars form a professional network which continues to provide support for Scholars throughout their career.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Annual stipend of AUD $70,000 per year for up to a maximum of 3 years (AUD $210,000) for postgraduate study (depending on the length of the degree at a full-time study load).
- Support to travel to the location of your postgraduate study overseas from Australia.
The following world class universities offer partial fee waivers to John Monash Scholars, in addition to their Scholarship stipend:
- Kings College London (KCL) is a leading teaching and research university based in the heart of London with a wide range of courses.
- Cranfield University, UK offers a top MBA program and a range of Masters programs with a strength in defence and engineering
- IE University in Madrid has a world-class business school, and offers outstanding Masters programs in law, human sciences and technology and architecture and design, all taught in English.
Core Selection Criteria:
Excellence – This may been evidenced through a university degree obtained with outstanding results, but can also be demonstrated through prizes, awards, publications, performance, exhibitions, enterprises and excellence in professional endeavours;
Leadership – Candidates should demonstrate leadership experience or potential in the field of study, professional environment and/or the community.
Research project or study program – a well-developed case for support for the candidate’s need to study at the best overseas university in their field. It is not necessary to have been accepted at the institution at the time of applying for the Scholarship;
Proposed career pathway– Candidates must present a career trajectory, addressing how they will contribute to and benefit Australia
Applicants for Fully Funded John Monash Scholarships are also required to submit 3 references with their application: references should outline the applicants abilities and endorsing their overall application – these may be any combination of academic, personal and professional, however the Foundation does not recommend submitting 3 personal references.
For questions about this application, please contact the Director, Scholarships and Alumni, Alexandra Coelli at email@example.com