A postgraduate and postgraduate research scholarship. Fully Funded Ivan Roberts Law Scholarships was established from a bequest by the late Ivan Roberts to create an annual scholarship for a student of the Sydney Law School who attains the highest pass at graduation for postgraduate study at an approved institution.
The Scholarship is valued at $50,000 for one year only and will become tenable once the applicant has enrolled into their eligible program with the University of Sydney.
Fully Funded Ivan Roberts Law Scholarships value will be paid as follows:
- For a coursework student enrolled at the University of Sydney, the Scholarship value will be paid in two equal instalments after the census date of each semester
- For a research student enrolled at the University of Sydney, the Scholarship value will be paid as a stipend payment for a period of one year only. No extension is possible
The Scholarship is for commencement in the semester or research period in which it is offered and cannot be deferred without the prior permission of the Head of School and Dean of the Sydney Law School.
The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funds.
No other amount is payable.
To be eligible for Fully Funded Ivan Roberts Law Scholarships, applicants must be:
- about to graduate from their Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor at the University of Sydney, or
- have graduated from a Bachelor of Law or Juris Doctor from the University of Sydney within the last 2 years
The applicant must have applied or have an unconditional offer of admission for full-time studies in a postgraduate coursework degree or research degree within the Sydney Law School at the University of Sydney.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- Academic merit, and
- Personal statements which demonstrates the applicant’s
- leadership experience, communication skills, personal interests and community engagement
- commitment to applying the learning offered by their degree and how their postgraduate study will contribute to making a positive difference to professional and/or legal practice
Fully Funded Ivan Roberts Law Scholarships will be awarded on the nomination of a selection committee consisting of the Dean of the University of Sydney Law School or their nominated delegate, and at least one other member of staff from the School.