Applications are invited for Fully Funded International Major Entrance Scholarships at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $30 million annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
When you receive an award or scholarship, you join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders who enrich UBC with their diverse perspectives, involvement, and innovation.
While studying at a global top 40 university, and North America’s most international university, you’ll have the chance to grow, connect, research, and innovate.
UBC offers a wide range of opportunities inside and outside the classroom – from co-ops and undergraduate research to clubs and study abroad – to round out your degree and help you contribute to the university’s thriving community.
To be eligible for International Major Entrance Scholarships, applicant must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college)
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award
- Apply to UBC by January 15
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the International Major Entrance Scholarships.
You will be considered for International Major Entrance Scholarships shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.