Applications are invited for Fully Funded Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2021-22 for International Students at United Kingdom Host organisation.
All Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2021/22 round are in the thematic area of Girls’ Education.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK Host organisation working in their sector for a programme of professional development.
To provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organisations in low and middle- income Commonwealth countries.
The following countries are eligible for Fully Funded Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2021-22 for International Students:
- Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia,Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea Rwanda, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,704 per month, or £2,115 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (at 2020/21 rate)
- If a Fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information
- Arrival allowance of up to £22 (at 2020/21 rate), including an element for warm clothing
- For the Girls’ Education programme a £1,000 travel allowance to facilitate attendance at events
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
- Flat rate contribution of £800 to the costs of the Host organisation relating to the administration and support of the Fellow, setting up of appropriate meetings, any materials required, and incidental travel for the Fellow during the award (to be paid to the Host organisation on receipt of an invoice).
- Fees can be agreed for costs associated with Fellows attending short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organisations where this forms an integral part of the Up to a maximum of £3,000 can be agreed for awards of three months (to be paid to the Host organisation on receipt of an invoice)
To be eligible for Fully Funded Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2021-22 for International Students, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
- Provide at least two references, one of which must be from their current Any applications for which references are not received by the reference closing date will be considered ineligible.
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to start their fellowship within prescribed dates
Please note that all Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2021-22 round are in the thematic area of Girls’ Education. All applicants must be professionals working on related issues.
Applications for Fellows will open in early July 2021 and will be open for four weeks. Exact dates and details of how to apply will be posted on this website in June 2021.
All fellowships in this round will be tenable for three months from 15 January 2022.