Applications are invited for Fully Funded A.O. Capell Scholarships at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
Established with a bequest from Alfred Oscar Capell and available to research students with an outstanding academic record and excellent research potential.
The Fully Funded A.O. Capell Scholarship is jointly awarded with the Harbison-Higinbotham Research Scholarship and together provide:
- Living allowance of $35,600 per year pro rata (2019 full-time study rate) for up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
To be eligible for Fully Funded A.O. Capell Scholarships, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought
- not have previously received a graduate research scholarship with similar benefits
These scholarships are awarded based on academic merit. Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study. Factors such as relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
- This scholarship is subject to the Graduate Research Scholarships Terms & Conditions (as amended)
- Commencement of the scholarship can be deferred to a following year
- Applicant must acknowledge the contribution of this scholarship in any published or produced material which relate to the research project for which the scholarship was awarded
- Applicant must provide a brief report on the benefits of the scholarship and give permission for the University to provide the report, your name and course details to the donor
If you have applied for admission to a graduate research degree by 31 October for commencement in the following year, you will be automatically considered for Fully Funded A.O. Capell Scholarships.