Mallam Adamu Adamu, the Honourable Minister of Education (HME), thus invites talented Nigerians to apply for the 2022/2023 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
AGREEMENT ON BILATERAL EDUCATION (BEA)
I Undergraduate (UG) studies in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, and Egypt are viable options;
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies are available in Russia (for individuals with Russian first degrees), China, Hungary, Serbia, and Romania.
3.0 RESEARCH AREAS
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY: 4.0
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Scholarships from the Federal Government of Nigeria for the years 2022-2023 Announced is available to study in Egypt Universities, Russia Universities, Hungary Universities, China Universities, Serbia Universities, and Romania Universities at the Masters and Undergraduate levels.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologist and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2020 & 2021) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2021) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
a. Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
b. Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
c. Print the completed Application Form
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened 18th November 2021 to close 15th January, 2022. Complete the application form online,
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload the following certificates online
- UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE
- POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Masters Degree WAEC/WASSCE, Indigine letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigine letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.