Applications are invited for the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2024. The last date to apply for the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships is not specified. Most disciplines and specializations are available, including architecture, the arts and sciences, dentistry, education, health sciences, medicine, and law.
Table of contents
- About Eastern Mediterranean University
- Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships Details
- About The Institute
- Admission Requirements
- Documents Required
- English Language Requirement
- Tuition Fees
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Research Assistantship Opportunities
- Available Courses
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Deadline
- How To Apply?
- Frequently Asked Questions
For international students, the government of North Cyprus provides a number of scholarships, fellowships, and internships. One of them is the 2024 Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship in North Cyprus. For international students pursuing master’s and doctoral degrees during the academic year 2024–2025, the Eastern Mediterranean University grant is a fully supported scholarship. For Ph.D. degrees, this bursary offers full scholarship; for Master’s programs, it offers half funding. By taking a second foreign language, taking part in exchange student programs, and engaging in a range of extracurricular activities, students at EMU University can broaden their horizons.
About Eastern Mediterranean University
Eastern Mediterranean Institution is a public institution located in Northern Cyprus. The university is a full member of both the International Association of Universities and the European University Association. Despite maintaining its independence through its non-profit organization, the institution received accreditation for Turkish students from the Council of Higher Education and the Turkish Cypriot Higher Education Organization.
Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships Details
- Degrees Offered: Masters & PhD Programs
- Scholarship Award: Fully Funded
- Host Organization: Eastern Mediterranean University
- Host Country: North Cyprus
- Application Last Date: Open Now
About The Institute
The Institute of Graduate Studies and Research at Eastern Michigan University manages and supervises a variety of graduate programs leading to Master’s and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. The departments in the Business and Economics, Engineering, Arts and Sciences, Law, Architecture, Communications, Education, Tourism, Health Sciences, and School of Computing and Technology colleges and schools host and administer these programs. In accordance with the university’s bylaws and the guidelines established by the university Senate, the institute is in charge of supervising, processing and organizing items pertaining to graduate admissions, assistantships, thesis proposals and defences, supervisions, and examinations. The Institute adheres to generally accepted academic standards and principles in order to sustain the quality of graduate education.
The goal of graduate studies at EMU is to provide students with a solid academic foundation and the abilities they’ll need to succeed in the workplace, whether it’s in the manufacturing or service industries. At EMU, graduate studies are based on academic freedom and moral behaviour. Our goal is to produce graduates with the communication skills and ability to contribute to society in a variety of ways, as well as those who are true academicians with extensive research backgrounds. In addition to traditional research fields, the faculty members’ diverse variety of research interests allows for the practice of interdisciplinary research. More than 2000 master’s and doctoral degree holders from EMU are working in academia, government, and business.
(Higher Education Council of Turkey) and recognized by international academic associations. EMU is a member of several international academic associations such as the European University Association, the International Association of Universities, and The Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World.
After completing the required shortfall program, which will not last more than a year, you will have the chance to pursue graduate studies at Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) in the field in which you earned your bachelor’s degree or in a comparable field. Applications are accepted twice a year, specifically for the fall and spring semesters, with application deadlines posted on the institute’s website.
- Prospective applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree for master’s programs and also satisfy departmental admission requirements.
- Applicants for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs must possess a master’s degree.
- For Master’s programs with theses and PhD programs, Turkish Republic citizens must have a program-relevant valid ALES score of a minimum of 55. GRE (mathematical) = 610 or GMAT = 450 is equivalent to ALES = 55.
An official record of every course studied at the undergraduate or graduate level If the CGPA on the transcript is not greater than 4.00, a comparison mark or grade table
If these materials are not originally in English, English translations must be provided. A record of the results of the English and academic competence examinations. This is not applicable to programs where Turkish is the primary language of teaching. Native speakers should identify their country of citizenship and place of birth. All others must submit documentation from one of the English Proficiency Tests listed below. Three letters of recommendation, albeit graduates of EMU are exempt.
- Give details of any application(s) for a grant or scholarship that you have made (add documents).
- Statement of Purpose / Intention (Please submit on a separate sheet: Your purpose in applying to the program chosen, explaining your motivation as well as the areas of specialization that would be of interest to you within the discipline).
- A photocopy of your passport or ID card
- A passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photograph.
- Program-specific documents: Architecture (Ph.D. & Master): Portfolio.
- Proposal (for PhD program applications)
English Language Requirement
You must provide evidence of English language proficiency for all Ph.D. programs (in Turkish and English) and master’s programs taught in English. If you don’t already possess a recognized English language credential that meets EMU’s requirements, we will assess your proficiency level through an exam at EMU.
This evaluation will lead to one of the following outcomes:
- you will be exempt from the English Language Support Program and begin your postgraduate study directly.
- you will study English courses together with graduate program courses.
- You will study intensive English courses first (with no graduate program courses) before you start your graduate program.
The tuition fee table shows the different types of fees you may need to pay during your studies. In order to calculate the tuition fee for one semester, multiply each course fee by the number of courses (and/or thesis study) you will register for that semester, and then add Student Services Funds to the amount.
Students who will enroll in their respective programs for the first time may apply for scholarship opportunities. (Students who terminate (or dismiss) their registration and re-apply cannot get a scholarship.)
- International students can apply for 100% and 50% scholarships for PhD programs and 50 % scholarships in Master’s programs.
- Turkish Republic citizens can apply for 100% and 50% scholarships for Master’s and PhD programs.
- Students who have registered with special or visiting student status are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Research Assistantship Opportunities
Graduate students are given a certain number of research helper posts by each faculty each semester. Candidates may be given consideration for either full- or part-time research assistant roles, depending on how many vacancies are open in the departments. A part-time research assistant earns half of the compensation of a full-time research assistant and is exempt from half of the tuition fees, except the student fund, for a semester. A full-time research assistant receives a salary and does not need to pay tuition fees. You should contact the relevant academic department for information on the application and evaluation processes.
Please include your current CV and a letter of intention with your application. Your letter should explain how your skills, knowledge, and experience match the needs of the research assistant post you are applying for. Attach any additional departmental requirements, which you can obtain from the department. Submit completed forms to the relevant faculty, school, research center, or administrative unit. We will not process incomplete forms.
- Business & Economics
- Communication and Media Studies
- Arts & Sciences
- Health Sciences
- To be graduated with a minimum 3.00 (out of 4.00) CGPA or equivalent from an undergraduate degree program
- To graduate with a CGPA between 2.75 – 2.99 out of 4.00 from an undergraduate degree program or equivalent and have a relevant ALES score of 65 or higher (for Turkish citizens) or have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 out of 4.00 or equivalent from a graduate (master’s) program graduation
The departments will rank the applicants based on their departmental assessment criteria (not only CGPA). The department may grant 100% scholarships to three applicants or equivalent, either in 100% or 50% scholarships.
The shortlisted candidates are announced as scheduled in the Scholarship Calendar The shortlisted candidates are required to complete their registration by the working hours of the given deadline date. Otherwise, new candidates may replace their names on the second list.
Students, whose names appeared in the second scholarship list and could not complete their registration by the deadline due to compelling reasons (i.e. visa, transportation issues, etc.) may appeal to the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research before the deadline, to have an extension upon receiving approval for their petition.
Please follow the steps given below to complete your registration.
- Go to the registrar’s office with your admission letter to get your student number and your payment slip. If you have an English language qualification that gives you an exemption from the English Support Program, please present the original copy at this stage.
- If the payment has not been made, go to the bank to make your payment, indicating your student number. Then, bring the payment receipt back to the registrar’s office to get your access.
- After you gain access to course registration and have a recognized English language qualification (i.e., IELTS 6.5, etc.), go to your department for course registration.
- If you do not have a recognized English language qualification, you have to take the EMU English Placement Test. Please visit http://sfl.emu.edu.tr and enter your student number in order to find out the test date, time and exam room.
- If you do not wish to take the English Placement Test and would like to use your current recognized English language qualification in order to be placed into an appropriate English Support Program course, please visit the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research.
The last date to apply for the Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships is not specified.
How To Apply?
The official website is the best place to start if you want to learn more about Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships. There, you may discover comprehensive details on the available programs and courses, the entrance standards and procedures, the campus, student life, and much more. You can also discover more about the university’s faculty, staff, research, and community involvement programs. The website may also provide users with access to course catalogues, student handbooks, and academic calendars. To view the website, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eligibility requirements vary depending on the specific scholarship. However, most scholarships require students to have a good academic record and to be enrolled in a full-time program at EMU. Some scholarships also have additional requirements, such as nationality, financial need, or athletic achievement.
To apply for an EMU scholarship, you must complete the online scholarship application form and submit all required supporting documents. The deadline for scholarship applications is typically in August.
Scholarship applicants will be notified of the results of their application by early September.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will need to accept the scholarship offer in writing and submit any required documentation. You will also need to maintain the eligibility requirements for the scholarship throughout your studies at EMU.
Yes, you can lose your scholarship if you fail to meet the eligibility requirements. For example, if your GPA falls below a certain level or you withdraw from your studies, you may lose your scholarship.
In addition to scholarships, EMU students also have access to a variety of other financial aid options, such as student loans, work-study programs, and grants. Students can learn more about their financial aid options by contacting the EMU Financial Aid Office.