Applications are invited for Fully Funded Faculty of Science Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarships at the University of Sydney, Australia.
Funded by the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney, this Scholarships aims to support outstanding higher degree research students with their studies.
- The Scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate indexed annually on January one, for up to three years for a PhD recipient, or 2 years for those undertaking a Masters by Research, subject to satisfactory academic performance. PhD recipients may apply for an extension of up to 6 months
- Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee are also provided for an initial 12 research periods for a PhD recipient and 8 research periods for a Masters by Research recipient. PhD recipients may apply for up to a 2 research period extension
- The Scholarship will also cover overseas health cover for the recipient (single cover only) for the normal full-time duration of their higher degree studies, and will provide reimbursement for the initial visa application fee required to commence their research studies at the University of Sydney
- Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the Scholarship, will be deducted from the maximum duration of the Scholarship excluding the potential extension period
- The Scholarship is for commencement in relevant research period for which it is offered and can only be deferred for up to up to two research periods with the prior permission of the Associate Dean (Research Education). Deferment beyond two research periods can only be approved with the prior permission of the Dean of the Faculty of Science. The Scholarship cannot be transferred to another University school, faculty or university
- No other amount is payable
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding
To be eligible for Faculty of Science Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarships:
- Applicants must have either a conditional or unconditional offer of admission for full-time studies in a Masters by Research or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) within the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the final year of at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science or relevant discipline area, or an equivalent degree (combined undergraduate, Honours or Master’s Program) at a non-Australian university, with at least 25% of the final year of the degree being a research component
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) equivalent to a grade of 85 at the University of Sydney
- Applicants must not be an Australian/New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident
- Applicants must separately apply for a Research Training Program (RTP) Fee Offset and Stipend Scholarship at the University of Sydney. Applicants cannot however be in receipt of an alternative scholarship that also provides tuition support and/or a primary stipend allowance
The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
- academic merit
- curriculum vitae
The successful applicant will be awarded theDean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship on the nomination of the Dean of the Faculty of Science, or their nominee, on the recommendation of the Associate Dean (Research Education) and the Head, Research and Research Training.