The iGRAD-Plant graduate program at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Germany invites applications for two full PhD scholarships which will be financed via the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Graduate School Scholarship Programme.
The starting date of the PhD projects is flexible between spring and fall 2021.
The scholarship includes:
- Monthly payments of 1,200 euros for up to four years
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel lump sum (depending on country of origin)
- Annual research allowance of 460 euros
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family (about 200 euros child allowance per child; about 275 euros marriage allowance)
Additionally, the host graduate school can receive an annual material resource and supervision allowance (1000 euros).
To be eligible for PhD Scholarships in the iGRAD-Plant graduate program applicants must be excellent students who have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent in Biology or a related field that fits the research focus of the graduate program. The degree must be completed at the latest by the time candidates begin their scholarship but not longer than 6 years ago.
The GSSP program is only open to non-German applicants – not living in Germany for longer than 12 months at time of application deadline in January 2021.
In the framework of the DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme program, scholarships are to be awarded after a specific competition and a two-step selection procedure.
1) In the first step students apply directly to the iGRAD-Plant graduate program. The graduate program selects and nominates candidates to DAAD. Please note: The graduate program needs to nominate at least two applicants per scholarship.
2) In the second step nominated applicants must further submit a complete application form with all required documents directly to DAAD.
The final selection is made by DAAD.
Please send the following application documents via email until January 12, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form completely filled-in. Please read the guide „how to fill the application form“ before doing so
- A Curriculum Vitae detailing education, training, and previous research experience
- Transcripts of previous study, including credit hours, marks obtained and copies of relevant diplomas and degrees in English or German
- Documentation of proficiency in the English language, such as TOEFL or IELTS (can be waived for native speakers of if the university education was conducted in English)
- Two letters of reference from previous supervisors, send directly by the referee to: email@example.com