The DAAD encourages the training of experts from developing and recently industrialized nations through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs. Local professionals who are well-trained and networked with foreign partners play a crucial role in their nations’ long-term development. They are the best assurance of a brighter future with less poverty, more education, and better health for everybody. The scholarships provide foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience with the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree and a university qualification (Master’s/Ph.D.) in Germany.
- Masters Level Program
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- Development Management
- Monthly compensation range from 861 euros for graduates to 1,200 euros for doctorate candidates, depending on an academic level.
- Contributions to health, accident, and personal liability insurance coverage
- Travel allowance, unless funded by the home nation or another funding source.
Scholarship recipients may be eligible for the following additional advantages under certain conditions:
- Rent subsidy on a monthly basis
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
- Candidates meet the requisite academic standards and are expected to finish a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates hold a Bachelor’s degree (often a four-year study) in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate that their motivation is development-related, and they will be required to take on social responsibility and initiate and support change processes in their personal and professional environments following their training/scholarship.
Graduates from developing countries with at least two years of professional experience are eligible to apply.
To apply, click the apply now option shown below.