Applications are invited for Fully Funded Cultural Vistas Fellowship in Argentina, Germany, or Singapore.
For the summer of 2020, Cultural Vistas Fellowship will select up to 15 fellows to take part in this multinational professional development program that includes eight-week summer internships in Argentina, Germany, or Singapore. This fellowship opportunity is funded by Cultural Vistas.
The eighth class of Cultural Vistas Fellows will enrich their academic learning through professional internship and immersion experiences focused on civic engagement and youth involvement during the summer of 2020. One cohort of up to four fellows will travel to each international destination.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- All program-related travel expenses, including round-trip airfare to and within one’s internship country; as well as travel to New York City for pre-departure and reentry seminars is covered
- Internship placement in Argentina, Germany, or Singapore
- Accommodations throughout program, including pre-departure and reentry seminars
- Virtual learning seminar
- Pre-departure support services
- Cultural orientation upon arrival in host country
- Visa application support (where applicable)
- Emergency medical insurance during internship phase
Applicants for the Cultural Vistas Fellowship must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizens enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university
- Sophomore or junior academic status at the time of application; preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ages 18-30
- No formal prior work or study abroad experiences
- Prior knowledge of language of host country
- This is applicable in Germany and Argentina only
Strong preference will be given to students historically underrepresented in international exchange. This includes, but is not limited to Pell Grant recipients; veterans; first-generation college students; STEM majors; members of minority communities within the United States; and non-traditional students.
Applicants of Cultural Vistas Fellowship are required to submit following documents with their online application:
- Current résumé/CV
- Answers to the short essay questionsEach of the following questions should be answered with a maximum of 200 words:
- Please describe your understanding of the term civic engagement OR youth involvement. Explain how you demonstrate a commitment to your chosen concept in your program of study, volunteer or professional experience. Why do you think your host country is a good place to learn about this concept?
- What sort of work could you realistically see yourself doing in your host country, given your foreign language abilities and/or previous work/volunteer/academic experience? What are some hard skills you can offer your host organization?
- What do you envision will be valuable about your internship experience in the host country? Please identify two professional and two personal objectives you intend to meet during your experience.
- Describe your vision and goals for your “Fellows in Service” project.
- Keeping in mind the goals of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship, please explain why you believe you deserve this opportunity over other candidates in one sentence.
- Copy of the picture page of your passport/birth certificate
- If you are applying for the program in Argentina or Germany, we require a copy of your current résumé or CV in the language of the country of destination. Therefore, either Spanish (example) or German (example), depending on where you would like to go.
- Official undergraduate transcript(s)
- Two letters of recommendation