Applications are invited for Fully Funded CAS-DAAD-Programme / Joint Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Students of CAS at Germany.
A cooperation agreement on the joint training and education of PhD students has existed between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) since 2007. Under this CAS-DAAD joint programme up and coming young Chinese scientists from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) and CAS research institutes are provided with the opportunity of a research stay of 12 to 22 months in Germany. The programme is only for candidates aiming to gain a doctorate in China. Research stays at Max-Planck or Fraunhofer institutes are not eligible for funding.
A research stay at a German institution of higher education or research institution, with the exception of Max-Planck or Fraunhofer institutes.
- A monthly scholarship payment of 1,350 euro from UCAS in the first year, 1,200 euro from DAAD in the second year
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance
- A lump sum travel allowance
To be eligible for Fully Funded CAS-DAAD-Programme / Joint Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Students of CAS:
Up and coming young Chinese scientists from a CAS institute or the UCAS who wish to carry out part of their doctoral research in Germany
- Doctoral candidates or participants in a combined Master and PhD programme who commenced their studies at least one year before.
- Doctoral students with a confirmed job offer for after their PhD may not apply.
- No more than three years should have been passed since the starting of doctoral studies or the combined Master and PhD programme.
Applicants must provide evidence that they hold one of the following language qualifications:
- English: IELTS (5,5) / TOEFL iBT (80)
- German: DSH II / TestDaF 4×4 or higher
For Fully Funded CAS-DAAD-Programme / Joint Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Students of CAS, applicants are required to submit:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- List of publications if applicable
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal which has been agreed upon with the academic adviser (signed by the German host professor)
- Schedule of planned research work (signed by the German host professor)
- Letter confirming supervision by an academic adviser in Germany
- If available, admission to doctoral programme in China
- Address Sheet
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.)
- University degree certificate indicating final grades (Bachelor and Master: applicants of successive postgraduate-doctoral program submit an education cerificate instead of the graduation certificate)
- Certificate of knowledge of German or English language