Applications are invited for Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships for Developing Countries at Australian Universities.
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Also Check: scholarships for pakistani students in australia
They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
- find the best scholarship and jobs in all over the world
Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
Scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
Middle East: Palestinian Territories
To be eligible for Australian Awards Scholarships, applicants must:
- be a citizen of eligible country currently residing in home country and applying for the scholarship from home country
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- have completed 16 years of education and five years of relevant work experience
- not be more than 45 years of age at the time of submitting the application
- People with a disability who meet the eligibility criteria may submit an application with an IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.0, but if they are selected, they must re-sit an English Language Proficiency test (to be arranged by Australia Awards) and achieve the required score before they can take up their scholarship
- submit a Development Impact Plan, which outlines clear objectives and motivations to contribute to development in their country
- return to their country at the completion of their study for at least two years
- Australia scholarships: scholarships for pakistani students
Eligibility may vary from country to country
All applications must be lodged online at the following link: OASIS
Applicants must submit all of the relevant supporting documents listed in the table below:
- Completed Development Impact Plan (DIP). Template is available on the Australia Awards
- Tertiary degree certificates (Bachelor’s and Master’s level) – both sides of all degrees should be copied
- Academic transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s level) both sides of all transcripts should be copied
- IELTS or TOEFL results valid as at 1 January 2022
- Academic referee reports (two reports for Master’s by Research applicants; one for Master’s by Coursework applicants)
- Employment referee report
- No objection certificate for public sector applicants
The selection process
- Applications will be shortlisted after eligibility checking
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- The selection process includes an interview. Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria:
- academic competence
- potential outcome, specifically the contribution to development outcomes in Pakistan
- professional and personal leadership attributes including relevant work experience.
Successful candidates will be notified no later than August 2021