Applications are invited for Fully Funded Asian Exchange Scholarships 2022 at any approved university in Asia.
Are you curious about what Asia has to offer? Aside from its economic potential, it remains one of the most exciting regions in the world. Our Asian Exchange Scholarships will immerse you in everything this region – ultimately forging long lasting and meaningful relationships between the next generation of young Australian and Asian leaders.
Scholarships are open to students from all walks of life, who have the passion, ideas and drive to be an advocate for Australia’s relationship with Asia. Westpac Asian Exchange Scholars will demonstrate the following:
A clear understanding of Asia’s role in Australia’s future prosperity.
A desire to learn about a specific Asian culture, language, tradition or business through a combination of academic study and cultural immersion.
The potential and ambition to contribute to strengthening Australia-Asia in their future endeavours.
A genuine desire to be an active member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
Up to two semesters in Asia. One experience of a lifetime. That’s the promise of our Asian Exchange Scholarship, valued up to $12,250. And unlike most scholarships, this one is designed to give you the leadership skills that can help shape your future. It’s a genuine cultural experience to open your mind, develop your thinking, and offer you networking opportunities with some of the best Australia-Asia thought leaders and support networks.
We have partnered with 13 leading Australian universities to deliver the Asian Exchange Scholarship.
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- University of Wollongong
- Western Sydney University
Where can I study in Asia?
You can attend any university in the regions of mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, provided that there is an exchange agreement in place with your Australian university, pending no travel restrictions.
To be eligible for Fully Funded Asian Exchange Scholarships 2022, applicants must be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Studying full time at a participating Australian university (all fields of study are eligible)
- Undergraduates (including Honours students) enrolled in second year or beyond when commencing the exchange
- Holding a minimum of a credit average
- Intending to complete a university approved exchange program for one to two semesters in mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, South Korea or Taiwan, pending no travel restrictions
- Intending to commence in July/August 2022 for the start of semester at your host university in Asia