A postgraduate research scholarship
This Scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to a PhD student who is undertaking research in particle production formulation, powder characterisation and evaluate powder dispersion in various inhaler devices. The project expects to provide the pharmaceutical industry with a cornerstone technology to facilitate the design and optimisation of new powder delivery devices.
ARC Linkage Pharmacy Research Scholarships is funded by an Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project. The project is in collaboration with an industrial partner Singapore Medical Device Design & Development Pte Ltd (Singmed) and The University of New South Wales (School of Material Science & Engineering).
- The Scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $27,596 per annum for up to 3 years, subject to satisfactory academic performance
- No extensions are allowed
- The Scholarship must commence in or before Research Period 3 or Research Period 4, 2020 and cannot be deferred or transferred to another area of research
- Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities fee are not included for a successful international applicant
- No other amount is payable
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding
- ARC Linkage Pharmacy Research Scholarship is offered subject to applicants having an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled to commence full-time studies in a PhD within the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney
- Applicants must be willing to undertake research into particle production formulation, powder characterisation and evaluate powder dispersion in various inhaler devices
- Applicants must hold at least one of the following degrees in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering:
- an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or
- Master’s degree
- Applications must demonstrate research experience and skills in the area of pharmaceutics/aerosols/particle technology through major projects completed in one or more of these areas or through relevant publications
- Applicants must also have a high level of written and oral communication
The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
- academic merit
- area of study and/or research proposal
- feedback from two academic referees
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- international publications
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a research laboratory environment.
The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the nomination of Professor Hak-Kim Chan, or their nominated delegate(s)