A*Star International fellowship is open for international students to pursue post-doctoral degrees in Singapore. Our post-doctoral scholarships offer sophisticated teaching possibilities at prestigious universities and labs to assist you to create fresh science capacities and undertake cutting-edge studies in your specialization sector. Not only will you teach from the finest minds, but through this international knowledge, you will also create invaluable networks with the worldwide research community.
Expand your study experience, deepen your understanding, and build global connections with the A*STAR International Fellowship to promote your science profession. This scholarship fully supports your post-doctoral training at leading laboratories overseas. With this international exposure, you can connect and build international networks with the global research community.
The following support will be provided to successful applicants for up to two years of abroad post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly stipend for abroad living.
Monthly subsistence allowance, including CPF contributions (where applicable).
- Annual round-trip airfare.
- Other allowances include relocation allowance.
- Allowance for computers
- Allowance for books
- Allowance for conferences
- Annual personal insurance coverage.
- A*Star Agency of Science.
- Study in Singapore.
- 2-Years Program.
- Dead Line:
- First Phase: 1 October of the preceding year.
- Second Phase: 1 March of the same year.
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be considered for an A*Star International fellowship:
- Languages required: English
- Eligible countries: Singaporeans and other nations are welcome to apply, however, non-Singaporeans must have earned Singapore citizenship before the start of the fellowship.
- Have a Ph.D. within the previous four years.
- Have a strong record of publishing.
- There are no outstanding bonds to any institution.
- Have applied for or are currently applying for relevant post-doctoral employment at a top international university/laboratory.
- The AIF is open to Ph.D. candidates who are nearing the end of their studies. However, their AIF award is not validated until they receive their Ph.D.
The qualifying requirements listed above are not complete. Based on current scholarship standards, A*STAR may incorporate extra selection criteria. These policies are subject to change at any moment without notice.
To be eligible for this scholarship, please complete the following steps:
- Sign up, then click “Create your account.” After entering your e-mail address and password, you will be sent to the online application form.
- Fill out the necessary application, then click Submit.
- Your application will be examined when you have provided all the needed papers, and you may be asked to supply further information while we evaluate your application. If you are chosen, you will be invited to take a psychometric exam or tests, as well as at least two rounds of interviews.
- Please keep the following information in mind for the interview: You will get 15 minutes to present your research proposal. This is followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
- If you qualify for the next interview round(s), you must obtain approval from your preferred A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director to spend the 1-year service commitment period at that Research Institute following the AIF post-doctoral training.