The KOICA Master and Doctoral Degree Scholarship Program 2023 is now accepting applications from international students. The scholarship enables Ph.D. and Masters level programs in any subject taught in South Korean universities. The scholarship deadline is March 10, 2023. For the year 2023, KOICA (Korea Overseas Cooperation Agency) is giving fully financed scholarships to international students pursuing Masters and Doctoral degree programs in South Korea. The scholarship program aims to reduce poverty and promote long-term economic growth in developing countries while also encouraging cultural interchange and understanding between South Korea and other countries. This is a fantastic chance for overseas students who want to study in South Korea and get a fully financed Masters or Doctorate degree.
- Masters and Ph.D. level degree.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Tuition, monthly allowance, flights, lodging, settling allowance, scholarship completion grants, insurance, and extracurricular activities are all included in the fees.
This award is open to international students from countries chosen by KOICA from the DAC list of ODA recipients.
Prospective candidates must fulfill all of the requirements listed below.
(1) Citizenship: You must be a resident of the Scholarship Program’s target nation.
(2) Government Nomination: Be formally nominated by their respective governments.
- (For master) Work for the government. with at least two years of experience in the subject of study
- (For Ph.D.) (For Ph.D.) Work for the government. With at least three years of experience in the field of study following graduation from the KOICA master’s degree program
- Exception1 – Applicants having a history in an “international NGO” may apply for the program with two letters of recommendation:
- Your government office, as well as
- Korean Embassy, well-known NGO, UN-affiliated organizations, or the KOICA Organization in your area
- Only applicants with an ‘international NGO’ background are eligible to apply.
Master’s Degree Program in Civil Society Leadership at KOICA-AJOU
(3) AGE: (Preferably) be under the age of 40 on February 1, 2023.
(4) Health: Maintain healthy physical and mental health.
- Applicants with impairments who are in excellent mental and physical health are qualified.
- Applicants with serious illnesses are INELIGIBLE.
(5) Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent college/university level educational background is required.
- Some programs need special criteria in terms of academic level. Please see Program.
Details about each program.
(6) English Proficiency: You must have a strong command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes in English and produce academic papers and a thesis in English.
(7) You must not have previously withdrawn from the KOICA scholarship program.
- A person from an institution where applicants submitted fake papers and were unfairly returned to their home country in the middle of the SP program is ineligible to apply.
(8) Have not previously participated in the KOICA scholarship program or any of the Korean Government’s Scholarship Programs.
- Doctorate Program applicants: KOICA master’s degree scholarship winners may still apply.
For example, a KOICA SP master’s degree holder may not apply for another KOICA master’s degree but may apply for a KOICA doctoral degree.
(9) (Preferably) Work for your government both throughout and after the program (be engaged in the expertized area of your study as an official servant of your government)
(10) as well as any other university credentials for which you want to apply (refer to the Program Information)
To apply, click the apply now option shown below.